OptiLight is now available at Progressive Vision and is a light based, non-invasive treatment focused on the skin around the eyes.
- It is the first and only IPL FDA approved for dry eye management.
- It uses precise pulses of light to reduce the inflammation that is typically associated with dry eye disease, improves tear evaporative time, and increases the functionality of the meibomian gland that produces the lipid layer.
- During treatment, a coupling gel is applied to the area of treatment and your eyes are covered with shields.
- As a light is applied to the skin, you may experience a warm sensation.
- The treatment is gentle with minimal discomfort and takes around 15 minutes.
- The standard course of treatment is 4 sessions spaced 2-4 weeks apart, but a personalised plan is made to suit each individual’s dry eye needs.