OptiLight is now available at Progressive Vision and is a light based, non-invasive treatment focused on the skin around the eyes.
- It is the first and only IPL FDA approved for dry eye management.
- It uses precise pulses of light to reduce the inflammation that is typically associated with dry eye disease, improves tear evaporative time, and increases the functionality of the meibomian gland that produces the lipid layer.
- During treatment, a coupling gel is applied to the area of treatment and your eyes are covered with shields.
- As a light is applied to the skin, you may experience a warm sensation.
- The treatment is gentle with minimal discomfort and takes around 15 minutes.
- The standard course of treatment is 4 sessions spaced 2-4 weeks apart, but a personalised plan is made to suit each individual’s dry eye needs.
- This is a gentle hand-held medical grade micro- sponge that is now available at Progressive Vision.
- It used to safely clean and exfoliate your eyelids and lashes.
- It is used to treat Blepharitis which is a common recurrent eyelid condition that can cause dry eye discomfort.
- BlephEx allows rapid relief from these symptoms and the procedure is comfortable and easy to perform.
Request an appointment to book an initial suitability assessment for Optilight and/or BlephEx treatments at Progressive Vision.